Active Retirement Ireland is a national network of groups that stand up for older people, empower them and support them to get the most from their retirement.
To find a group in your area please check our website at www.activeirl.ie or call us on 01 8733836.
All the activities are aimed at keeping older people active and well. Active Retirement Associations are a lifeline for many older people who would otherwise feel isolated and lonely.
All older people are welcome to join Active Retirement Ireland, to have fun and have their voices heard, regardless of age, gender, culture or any other grounds.
At national level, through the work of the organisation, ARI aims:
• To promote older people as independent, self-organised and active members of their communities.
• To act as a voice for older people and their concerns at national level.
• To promote positive ageing attitudes in Ireland.
• To provide training, support and information to the local associations of older people in our eight regions.
• To network the local associations for peer support, capacity building and information sharing.