The vision of Loughrea Family and Community Resource Centre is to make people’s lives better; we make every effort to do this through the provision of a range of supports and services that respond to the needs of our community.
Our Resource Centre is open to all members of the public and our work encourages and supports participation by and for all. More specifically we….
– treat people with respect
– maintain a focus on equality and advocacy
– be an open, friendly and welcoming space for all members of the community
– be respectful, non-judgemental and inclusive of all people
– ensure that our work is conducted in a safe, professional and confidential manner
– be an accessible, independent, informative and creative organisation
– adopt a flexibile and positive approach to our work
– value partnership
We offer a wide range of supports and services which include:
– a full-time Family Support Worker,
– a range of affordable Counselling services including Gambling Addiction support.
– an affordable Play Therapy Service
– the RAINBOWS peer support programme for children affected by separation,
– information and outreach services from a range of organisations including COPE
Módh Eile domestic violence support service, Welfare Rights and Information service,
BRIDGE migrant support and information service,
– Meals on Wheels service,
– activity and support groups including Women’s Circle, Computer Club, One Million
– monthly free Legal Clinic,
– Fáilte Isteach conversational English classes,
– Parent and Toddler Group,
– Circle of Security parenting support programme,
– meeting rooms, public computer access, community library, photocopying.